Goal of this Website:
The goal of this website is to assist WV Adult Education Instructors integrate technology into their curriculum using the SAMR model, specifically the Modification and Redefinition levels. The WVAdultEd TIS will consistently update this website, compiling the best technological resources for the adult education classroom. For those instructors who are not comfortable utilizing or integrating technological resources into their curriculum, a multitude of user friendly resources are available via this website, as well as onsite through mentoring. What can expect from this website and the WVAdultEd TIS?
- WVAdultEd TIS Contact Information
- iPad and Tablet Resources
- Websites appropriate for the WVAdultEd classroom
- Trouble Shooting Guides for your technology equipment
- Technical Assistance visits with your WVAdultEd TIS
- Mentoring / Coaching with your WVAdultEd TIS
- Video Tutorials Created by WVAdultEd TIS
- Calendar of WVAdultEd TIS Statewide Trainings
- The WV Adult Ed Newsletter
- AEMIS Information
- C.I.T.E. Information
What is the Role of a TIS (Technology Integration Specialist)?
WVAdultEd Technology Integration Specialists are classroom instructors who were selected because of their interest and expertise in the area of technology. Once selected, the instructors enter an intensive technology training program that is designed to provide them with the 21st century skills and tools necessary to assume the role of a Technology Integration Specialist (TIS). Participants in this initiative receive the equivalent of 320 hours of professional development over the course of a program year, followed by 40 hours of professional development each year to maintain TIS credential. Those who complete the program may then apply for the TIS advanced credential awarded by the Office of Professional Preparation.